Wednesday 4 November 2015

Gratitude is Awesome

I love practicing gratitude and if I'm honest, I don't think I do it enough! When I do find myself floating in a pool of inner bliss due to the contemplation of just how damn spoilt I am I question as to why I don't appreciate life more often.

When I first tried to practice some gratitude, nothing happened. I didn't get it. It clicked when someone said, the practice of gratitude is realising how lucky you are in comparison to those worse off than you. As I thought about my basic needs; food, clothing, water and shelter and compared what I had to those worse off than me, it hit me just how lucky I am. Some people lack food and I can open my full fridge and full pantry, whinge about the food I have because I don't feel like that and go to the shop to buy something else or sit in a restaurant and eat until I'm so full it hurts. 

 

Not only are all my survival needs met with abundance but I also have so many things that I enjoy having but don't need. I feel so happy and grateful to have been born into a society where our needs are easily met and we have the freedom to be, do and have whatever we want.

Today I'm specifically grateful for my beautiful children, our abundance of yummy and nutrient rich foods and the internet which allows me to connect to the world and learn about anything I'd like.

What are you grateful for today?

Have fun with it!

Namaste

Belinda

1 comment: