Tuesday 22 March 2016

Law of Attraction Lessons

I first discovered the Law of Attraction 10 years ago and through practice I've not only been able to bring great things into my life but I've also had many great epiphanies and lessons.

Here are the best things I've discovered through the practice of Law of Attraction.

Gratitude


I first tried to practice gratitude with the idea that if I were grateful I could have anything I wanted... That was the catch, you can create and attract all of your desires as long as you're grateful for what you already have. My idea of gratitude was my childhood memory of mum making me eat peas so at first, gratitude did nothing for me.

It wasn't until I heard someone say, "Compare your life to those worse off than you to feel grateful". It hit me just how lucky I am because my survival needs are always met with abundance. I suddenly realised how much food I had and how much is available to me, so much that I can even eat for pleasure. The clothing I have not only protects me from the weather but allows me to dress up, feel pretty and wear something different every day. I have an insulated home, with rooms to accommodate my comfort. I have an abundant supply of water from taps in my home and taps around the house to water the garden. 

I wasn't just surviving, I was thriving; and I hadn't even gone into things I owned for leisure like a TV and computer or for comfort like a king size bed and pillows or stuff I owned just because like ornaments and jewellery. The more I thought about, the more my whole body buzzed with bliss, I couldn't believe just how lucky I was! I realised, I didn't need anything else, I didn't even want anything else. 



Positive Thinking


I was very negative and after watching The Secret, I was blown away by the idea that I could choose my thoughts and feelings. As I began to choose them, I felt so different and so good! It was an amazing growth for me as I realised in the past I'd been subconsciously choosing negative thoughts and feelings.

This was the start of me seeing how I create my reality. Most of our reality is the stories we tell ourselves about ourselves, others and the circumstances we see. Not only do we react through the beliefs and stories we've told ourselves but we also only experience those stories again and again because our brains process 400 billion bits of information per second and the information we're aware of is filtered by our thoughts, feelings and beliefs. 

To get an idea of this, repeat a colour to yourself, perhaps red and look around the room. Notice how that colour stands out to you, you can switch to another colour and notice the first colour fade into the background as the new colour stands out to you. This is how your brain filters information. If you choose positive thoughts, feelings and beliefs then you will find more of those in your reality.  



Awareness 


To practice gratitude and choose positive thoughts I became very aware of the inner chatter in my mind. I became aware of how I was reacting to the outside world and how my thoughts and feelings were motivating my behaviour. 

I also became aware of the fact that our life isn't just what's happening outside of us but it's also our thoughts and emotions about life. I experienced first hand how my thoughts and emotions create my reality and then was able to use LOA on purpose. 

You may enjoy my post on mindfulness, as it brings some awareness to how much you live in your mind as opposed to outside of yourself. It's such an awakening experience to realise how much of our life is a story in our mind.



Spirituality


Through finding Law of Attraction and then looking into others who teach it, I found there were different ways of looking at it, once again depending on an individual's belief system. Some believe in LOA as God or Source energy bringing you what you think and feel about while others see it as how our brain works scientifically, as I said above, how our brain organises and categorizes information. 

This had me diving deep into questioning why we're here and who we are. I haven't stopped questioning and soul searching since and I love it. Through my awareness, growth and discovery I've discovered my true self, how to connect to my guides and I've discovered the peace and joy of mindfulness and meditation. I've learned that the whole world including us is made up of the same stuff microscopically, we are particles or waves and 99.999...% empty space. This for me, is why it makes sense that we and the world are energy and we attract energy that is vibrating the same as our energy.



Everything is working together for my best interest


I used to find my beginning way of manifesting frustrating, looking back though is quite humorous. I'd think about what I wanted, visualise it and keep doing that until I'd get impatient and break down because it hadn't manifested then take a good hard look at myself and think, "I don't really need that do I? So why am I getting so upset? I'm just going to forget about it". Once I'd completely forgotten about it, it would manifest. Doh!

Eventually I was able to drop the breakdown step but I also started to see a pattern, as things from my perspective were all going wrong, they were actually all going right. It wasn't all falling apart, it was all falling together for my greatest good. 

I also had a negative view on life, I wasn't able to enjoy things when they were going right, as I'd be saying things like, "Things always go wrong, what goes up must come down". And of course, they would go wrong. Now, when things are going wrong, I wait for them to go right because my perspective now is, "When things seem to be falling apart, they're actually falling into place". 

I believe in the chaos theory within our minds, when things feel wrong or hard, it's because we're about to grow and evolve so I look forward to the new me when things feel bad. 



Realising what I truly want


Through the practices of gratitude, positive thinking and spirituality as well as realising I didn't need the things I'd tried to manifest I began to realise what I really wanted. If I want something, I often ask myself why. For example if I'm trying to manifest money, it may be to feel financially free, and if we scrap off the first word, it's to feel free and I know that I can choose any feeling in this moment so I can choose to feel free now. 

Most of the time I simply want to feel free, at peace, lucky and joyful and these are easy if I just practice some gratitude and purposely choose my thoughts and feelings. It can be as easy as asking myself positive empowering questions like, "What do I have to feel lucky about?" My clever little brain immediately finds answers to this question. 



I Create Reality


I am trillions and trillions of waves all vibrating together to make me and through my thoughts and feelings I create reality. Essentially, we are the consciousness from which the universe was born. How amazingly mind blowing is that? It's just damn awesome!

This idea motivates me to push past my limiting beliefs, I love questioning my idea of what's realistic and purposely using the Law of Attraction to create a new and better reality.



Through the practice and contemplation of Law of Attraction I've had many opportunities to learn and grow and I look forward to the next 10 years... 

Happy creating!

Belinda

3 comments: